My students created leaf garland about the things we are thankful for in life. This is what we did.
1. First we brainstormed what we are thankful for by listing words and created a list. This could be real things or ideas such as freedom.
2. We narrowed that list by picking out our top 10.
3. Students shared their ideas and choose 8-10 ideas to display on their leaves.
4. They wrote one word on a leaf and them shaded in the leaf with colored pencils or crayons.
5. Leaves were cut out and glued onto construction paper. Leaves were cut out again leaving a small construction paper border.
6. Students then attached their leaves to string with a stapler or hole punch and we hung them up.
Check out the results.